Today after the CARE Assembly Mr. Bonnici and Mr. Schmidt spoke to all students about iPad expectations and the guidelines for 2014. This year, the iPads will remain at school and only apps may added to student iPads that are used in the classroom for an educational purpose.
At the start of each day students will pick up their iPads from their homeroom and at the end of everyday students will put their iPads back in iPad lockers that will be locked so each iPad can be charged overnight. iPads do not go home at any time. At lunch hour, students are asked to place their iPad in their own locker. If the iPad is being used in a lunchtime club that is supervised by a teacher the iPad may be used.
Please take a few minutes to view the slideshow we showed all GWMS students today.
Ask your child for more information that we shared with them today.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your child's homeroom teacher or the office.
The following are expectations that the students must follow during the school day:
- All Apps on the iPad are school related.
- Teachers will advise you on the Apps that are required.
- Personal Games are meant for your personal devices (not the school ones).
- SocialNetworking Apps are not allowed on the iPad unless specifically told to do so by your teacher
(teachers will get all other teachers know when they do this).
- Messaging and FaceTime are not to be used at school.
- Music is not be loaded onto the iPads - YOUTUBE be used during class time to listen to music
DURING THE DAY!
- iPads are handed out in homeroom.
- If you are late to school you can not get your iPad until locker break.
- Teachers will help out the iPads away at the end of the day.
- Teachers must plugin and unplug the iPads.
- iPads are not allowed in the bathroom nor the gym change rooms.
- iPads will be turned off and carried from class to class. They are not to be used in the hallways.
- At Lunch Time your iPad will be put in your locker.
- If your iPad is needed for a lunchtime club then you will get a note on that day.
- If you leave early, you will take your iPad to the office and fill out a form that indicates where it will be