Friday - September 5, 2014 is our first day of school at George Waters!
Here is an agenda for the day (a modified Day 4):
8:30 – 9:40 AM All classes in Homerooms
A chance to:
- get to know the people in your homeroom
- finish up any paperwork
- review the GWMS code of conduct
- review and learn a few routines and procedures (class, lunch program etc)
- other things planned by homeroom teacher
9:40 – 10:20 Grade meetings in gym with Grade 7 & 8 students.
- Grade 6 students will remain with their homeroom teachers in their homeroom (more time to get to know each other)
- Grade 7 & 8 homerooms will meet as a large group in the gym and get ready for the school year!
10:20 – 11:15 Grade meeting for Grade 6 students.
- Period 4 classes for grade 7 & 8 students
- Grade 6 homerooms will meet as a large group in the gym and get ready for the school year!
11:15 – 12:15 Lunch hour
- The cafeteria can be used by students to eat in if they bring a bagged lunch but there will be limited food items prepared or sold by the cafeteria until next week.
- Grade 6’s can not leave the property without a note from their parents and must sign out if they are leaving.
12:15 – 3:00 Afternoon classes (Periods 5 – 8, Day 4)
- Regular 40 min periods except Period 8 is cut back by 10 minutes to allow some extra time inyour homerooms.
3:00 – 3:20 Homeroom
- a chance to review the day and get ready for Monday (well, the weekend anyways!)
- Grade 6 students who catch the bus should be dismissed 5 mins. early and reminded that they need to hurry to catch the bus as they all depart by 3:28 pm.
- Parents driving to pick up their children please be drive safely and slowly around the school. Please pick up your child in the student parking lot and not the staff parking lot. This is to make sure our kids are safe as they leave the school.
Have a great weekend! We'll see everyone Monday!