November 2012 Meeting - Minutes reviewed and adopted.
Total in account is $9661.51
Total after commitments $3271.07.
Two NSF Cheques have been re-payed
Student Accounts are up to date. The statement will be sent to Mr. Bonnici, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Speechly and Mrs. Orloff
Lamontange profit (pre-Christmas fundraiser) was approximately $4000 with 70% in student accounts.
CCRP fundraiser (magazines) will be the next fundraiser. Runs concurrently with 'I Love to Read Month' in February. Mrs. Evans has volunteered to manage this fundraiser. Dates for this fundraiser will start sometime in February and run for a month.
A third fundraiser will be run prior to Spring Break (possibly honey sales).
No Basketball Canteen's will be organized this year.
Drama Canteen will be organized in March for the Drama Production.
A DI Canteen will be organized in April for Destination Imagination Provincials.
Public School Board Budget Meeting Wed. Feb 27, 2013 7:00 PM at the School Board Office (Corner of Portage Ave and Moray St). Mrs. Evans, Mrs. Eidse, and Mrs. Goodwin will attend.
- $1900 transportation costs for grade 6 camp (commit $1000 for now)
- $1800 + GST transportation costs for grade 7/8 camp (commit $1000 for now)
- $500 for International Music Camp (commit to full $500 for band camp)
Staff Appreciation Week: Feb 11 - 15, 2013 - Ms. Mayo will draft a letter to Grade 8 parents to organize treats to give to all staff during the week.
Tues Feb 5, 2013 - Mrs. Drohan may be able to attend
- Mrs. Bakker back from her Mat Leave
- Mr. Schmidt is covering Mr. Bodnar's leave for the next 3 weeks.
- New EA - Ms. Baruch - in 817
- Ms. Kolesnik EA in 817 is EAL EA
Facebook/Twitter/Social Media awareness
- School will look into the possibility of running a Facebook/Twitter/Social Media awareness evening will be explored. To be run on a Parent Council night.
Potential Public Meeting Planned
- SJASD is potentially planning a public meeting to discuss the Portage and Ferry. Date TBD (Likely end of January)
Meeting adjourned 8:12 PM
Next Meeting is February 5, 2013 at 7 PM in the resource room.