This is what staff think!
Things we are doing well
- making connections with all students
- many of opportunities for all students to “get involved” in school based activities
- accommodating students needs: emotional, social, academic.
- various methods of communication home about general school happenings (blog, social media, etc)
- aboriginal student initiatives
- using technology
- strengthening and building their numeracy and literacy skills
- strengthening student relationships in the community (Tim Hortons, Bourkeville, Brooklands, etc)
- strengthening student portfolio’s and daily reflections
- teacher to home communication (personal contact like phone calls home about individual students)
- activating students in deeper learning in the classroom and reaching the Modification and Redefinition of the SAMR model of teaching.
- All Sharks Read (change to not reduce period 5 time), include a numeracy component?
- Homeroom time at the end of the day
- assuming students know basic life skills (tying shoes, organizing notebook/locker, etc)
- change how and when we offer co-curricular so we don't offer everything all the time. Give students a chance to get to more and different activities and avoids burn out (student and staff)
- JAWSS - is it doing what we think it should do? (IE is it improving student-staff relationships?)
- ACCESS program
This is not a complete list as staff only had about 30 minutes to discuss these important things. We will continue to discuss all things George Waters MS to plan for 2015-16. If you have any suggestions about things we:
- are doing well
- need to work on
- need to consider changing or stop doing
please leave a comment below or email Mr. Mead at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!