As you may be aware all students will be getting a more durable iPad case that will provide greater protection from accidental damage. On Thursday, January 23, 2014 all students will be called to their homerooms at 3:00 PM to prepare their iPad for work that will be done on them on Friday, January 24, 2014 and Monday, January 27, 2014. (Grade 6 classes will be called to homerooms at 2:30 PM to allow more time to prepare the iPads). Students will hand their iPads in to their homeroom teacher at this time as well.
Two things will be done to all student iPads:
1. replace the current protective case with a more durable version.
2. complete a software update for each student iPad.
To help ensure the updates on ALL devices run as smoothly as possible, we are asking all students to complete the following:
- All students must know their Apple ID and passwords for Thursday at 3:00 PM. This information will be collected by homeroom teachers and shared with IT staff to complete the software update on the iPad device.
- If any parental restrictions have been turned on they will need to be disabled.
- Please ensure students have a minimum of 2GB of storage. This can be checked in the “Settings” app under the General/Usage settings. To allow for more space students may have to delete apps that were not installed by the division and/or pictures in the camera roll.
- And finally, please have the device in its original case and the iPad comes to school fully charged on Thursday, January 23, 2014. The original case will not be returned. If you have an alternate case this will need to be removed at this time.
It is important that ALL iPads be handed in on Thursday, January 23, 2014 to ensure the iPads are returned to students as soon as possible. iPads that are not updated and refreshed with a new case on Friday, January 24, 2014 and Monday, January 27, 2014 will be sent into the division office to be updated which will result in a longer wait time to get the iPad returned to students.
The updating process will take until Monday, January 27, 2014. iPads will be returned to students on Monday, January 27, 2014 after grade level meetings. During these meetings GWMS staff will be reviewing iPad expectations and general expectations to ensure everyone has a successful end to their school year.
Thank you for ensuring that your iPad is prepared and ready to be handed to your homeroom teacher on Thursday, January 23, 2014.